Friday, April 18, 2008
Ridgeland Avenue Construction
Pre-Construction Meeting, Ridgeland Avenue from 26th Street to Roosevelt Road
Brief summary of items discussed at the meeting:
• Central Blacktop is the Contractor, main office is located in LaGrange. Contact for this job is Mike Brooks at 708-783-4930.
• Traffic Control will be set in place starting March 31, 2008. Removals will begin April 1. Patching will begin mid-April. Locations for patching will be determined by the Cook County Resident Engineer (RE).
• The County’s RE’s name is Marjan Marjanovic, but goes by “Mike”.
• Catchbasin/inlet adjustments to begin April 1 until July. Any necessary storm sewer repair will also be completed at this time. The subcontractor is Dynamicx. Curb and gutter removal and replacement will also be performed at this time, but to be completed by the end of June.
• Paving to begin mid-May and continue until July and followed by final Striping and Punch List Items.
• Estimated working days is 41.
• Location of Contractor office has not been determined but most likely near the north side of the project.
• ComEd and Comcast have buried and aerial cables within the project limits.
• Nicor is installing new gas mains in the area. They have completed installation along 26th Street, which is in the pavement. Installation of new mains, in the parkway, between 16th Street and Roosevelt Road is proposed in the near future. Completion date of this project is in 2010 and will include restoration of the parkway.
• AT&T has crossings at 26th Street, Cermak Road, 19th Street and 15th Street.