Thursday, March 13, 2008
Secretary to Mayor
Position: Secretary to the Mayor
Salary: $33,000 to $38,000
Schedule: Full time – 40 hrs per week
Application Deadline: 3/20/08
Start Date: 3/31/08
Principal Duties & Responsibilities:
Position is responsible for day to day operations in the Mayor’s office, involvement with projects assigned by the Mayor, support for City operations as well as building relationships with organizations servicing the City.
Assists Mayor with routine duties, including agenda preparation, scheduling meetings and appointments, record maintenance, and internal and external communication. Position also prepares communications and tracks record maintenance for the liquor commissioner. Other duties include tracking the impact of state and federal legislation, establishing internal and external positive working relationships and other tasks as needed. Manages budget for Mayor’s office.
• High school diploma required. Associates Degree preferred.
• Knowledge of office procedures, filing computer operations, office equipment.
• Ability to communicate effectively and provide excellent customer service.
• Ability to multi-task and work independently; but also as a team player.
• Ability to do research.
• Computer literate with all Microsoft products.
• 5 years of progressive clerical responsibilities as well as experience working with the public. Municipal experience preferred.
Applications can be picked up and returned to:
City of Berwyn Human Resources Department
6700 West 26th Street
Berwyn, Il 60402-0701
The City of Berwyn is an Equal Opportunity Employer